Demonstrate through argument, evidence, and example how your nominee for the University of Kentucky’s Global Sustainability Award meets the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated, lasting record of achievement in innovation, advocacy, and public education in a prominent area of or on behalf of sustainability with clear global implications.
- Recognized by peers, social change agents, and/or the wider sustainability movement as a major contributor (either through knowledge or products) to the advancement of sustainability across scales spanning the local to the global.
- Record of accomplishments has influenced the shaping of public policy in one or more realms (energy, environment, built environment, public health, etc.) in various governmental bodies with potential to extend to public agencies outside the US.
- Work and attainments will be enduring and set a precedent for later generations to follow and build upon as they pursue the goals of sustainability.
All submissions must adhere to the following requirements for consideration:
- Complete application form with contact information must be submitted by the application deadline. Late or incomplete packages will be eliminated from consideration.
- Award winners are required to attend the award’s reception or must provide a representative to speak/act on their behalf.
- Additional letters of support may be requested based on the review committee’s recommendations.
Submissions will be evaluated by a committee designated by the TFISE Showcase Steering Committee. Recipients of the Global Sustainability Award will be selected based on the criteria indicated above and recognized at the Awards Reception.